Since the creation of Eva pour la vie in February 2012, we have, thanks to your donations, financially supported hundreds of families of sick children. At the same time, this allowed us to identify the various difficulties encountered by these families, and to relay these problems to the institutions, in order to resolve the emergency BUT ALSO the bottom line. Our support for families has resulted in:
- Logistical and financial assistance to help families benefit from housing near the hospital where their child is hospitalized. This help was accentuated during the lockdown linked to COVID19, because most of the parents' homes were closed. We obtained the collaboration of the AirnB platform , where our contacts were very involved in finding free accommodation for the families concerned.
- Funding assistance for medical treatment and equipment not covered by social security, which represents a significant budget for families. This subject was the subject of an intervention by the co-founder of Eva pour la vie, Stéphane Vedrenne as well as by Dr. Elise Quillent during the conference “Pediatric Cancers” which was held on February 12, 2020 at the National Assembly, in the presence of many elected officials.
- Help in the face of illness, bereavement and funerals: Losing a child is the worst tragedy that can be experienced. Financial problems should not be added to the pain. In recent years, we have financed the funeral expenses of dozens of families, while considering that it was not entirely normal for this to be the responsibility of associations. This is why we defended at the Ministry of Health the bill of deputy Guy Bricout, and recalled, with the federation Growing Up Without Cancer, the socio-budgetary and legal needs following the death of a child.
Thus, a comprehensive bill was voted on by the deputies unanimously on May 16, 2020 . She understands :
- Bereavement leave extended from 5 to 15 split days
- The maintenance of social assistance (CAF etc ...) in connection with the child for 3 months. Until now, aid stopped just after the death of a child. An improvement was also recorded for the beneficiaries of the RSA.
- The creation of a public death benefit, which will cover the funeral costs, automatically paid to all families of deceased children by CAF, in accordance with the proposals made by Eva pour la vie and the work carried out with the deputy Sereine Mauborgne, François Ruffin ...
- Protection of bereaved families against dismissal for a period of 13 weeks
- Reimbursement of psychological support (city psychologists, etc.)